As promised

A couple of soccer notes. It's a huge doubleheader for the soccer teams Sunday in New Britain. The women are playing their final three games at home, and need a lot of the available points to make the NEC tournament.
The standings are too jumbled for me to do the "if this then this" thing, but suffice it to say the Devils can use some wins. The women have been drawing bigger crowds than I've ever seen in my six or seven years covering them, which is great to see. Hope for their sake it happens again Sunday. At the very least, you should come just to see the football team's antics during those games. It's funny.
The men are playing their final home match, and it's the last chance to see the remaining players from the 2007 team. There's some young talent around, too. It's a tough defensive team that just hasn't figured out a way to score goals, leading to a lot of 1-0 losses and 0-0 ties. I'd be lying if I said it was always riveting to watch, but I'm sure folks who know the game better than I do can appreciate the defensive effort more than I can.
Anyway, should be a good cap to a busy weekend for yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment