Mail time!

It must be October, I'm getting mail again!
You know the drill. You ask, I answer. Remember the thoughts on here are mine and not anyone at Central's unless noted otherwise. And if you have questions, fire them off to me at mstraubblog@hotmail.com. You can also comment on here, but sending me the email is easier for me.
Now, before I get to a ton of hoops notes, let's go.

Q: Will Brian Fowler be back next year after a medical redshirt in 2010?
A: I would fully expect that to be the case, to the point where I didn't even ask. I will, however, just to double check. On rare occasions people decide to leave when they're done with school and give up the extra year.

Q: Any news on 2011 OOC (football) opponents in football next year? We have heard about JMU but are there any others yet? Also, the CSU site has the Arute project being completed in Summer of 2011. Will CCSU be dedicating the new stands next season and if so any rumors as to who the big opponent will be for this big event?

A: I did the digging you requested on the schedule for next year, and they're waiting for some contracts to be finalized. For now I'll say that there's supposed to be a typical money game, one should be nearby.
As for the stands, last I asked everything was on schedule. The stands I think are last on the list, so I don't know if next year is in the cards for the football project to be done. I think you'd start seeing bigger teams agree to come to NB after the stands are up, not right away.

Q: Any news on David Simmons? He is no longer on the roster posted on www.ccsubluedevils.com.
A: He's not on the roster because he's not on the team right now. Howie told me he could be reinstated for the next semester, so I think he COULD be back around the start of NEC play.
A comment that was sent to be more than a question:

"I see the Blue Devils having a rough go of it the rest of the way with their run defense. I'm looking at loses to UA, RMU, and Monmouth, a tough ride against Wagner, and I even think SFPA will get fired up for the game and give the Blue Devils a run for their money. I figure the best we can hope for is 3-2 the rest of the way, probably more like 2-3 with loses to the "big three" (as I referred have always referred to RMU, UA, and MU) as they continue to be thorns in Coach Mac's side."

A: I can't argue too much with this, though I think they thrash SFPA at home if the NEC is on the line. If the one win over that 3-game stretch is over RMU and CCSU gets some help, well let's just say I have Ralph's email at the NEC ready because I expect to be asking a lot of questions about tiebreakers.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I agree that SFPA on paper should be an easy game for CCSU. I am just a little concerned that in the past SFPA has risen to the occasion and really put some heat on CCSU as they play the role of spoiler on the last day of the regular season. SFPA isn't as bad as their record looks so I'd look out for this sleeping dog.

    ReplyDelete