I'm back

Sorry, I desperately had to finish my desk job for the night before I could blog again. Watching the replay now to have a better feel for the game, but I just got off the phone with coach McInerney. I'm going to update the story on our website for you guys to read in the morning, or if you're still up now.
Let me give you some quick thoughts before I settle down and watch the madness.
First, Mac said the team did not panic at halftime. He said they were calm and believed they would come back if they just played their game. (Just to be clear, I'm paraphrasing all this for now, I'll have quotes on our site). He said the first half problems were that they didn't score in the red zone in the first half and the defense just wasn't tackling well. He didn't sound like he thought a lot of strategic adjustments were necessary, just that they had to execute. Though he did mention that Albany using Leathley at QB was a surprise and it took time to adjust to him.
He said he was "trying to win the game" by going for it the first time on two, and that they ran the same play both times. On the second one, QB Gunnar Jespersen just read it correctly.
Crazy stuff. thanks for those who stuck with the blog all night. I'm going to do some writing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment