SLIGHT CHANGE OF PLANS

I started thinking about the man-to-man segment and tried to put Shemik Thompson's play into perspective, but I just don't think it's the right thing to do tonight.
No disrespect to Shemik or his teammates, who pulled off one of the best comebacks I've ever covered today, but breaking down a good defensive play or whether or not the intentional foul is the right call doesn't feel right tonight, at least to me. We will do the FDU Wrap. I don't want to stop doing it now. But waiting until Monday feels appropriate.
So here's what I'm going to do, at least for now at 11 p.m. Tonight, we're going to let this post and the two below it stand as a reminder of what really matters. I'm going to go to the press conference Sunday afternoon, then try and somehow do justice in the paper to two lives lost way, way, way, too soon.
THEN we'll talk about Shemik's shot. It could be a turning point in the season, and there will be plenty of time to talk hoops before Thursday's visit from the Mount. But not tonight.
My deepest condolences go out to the families of Rich Royster and Brittany Mariani as well as to the CCSU players and coaches I worked with all year who feel like they have lost a family member.

No comments:

Post a Comment