Hoops

Ok, this is the second part to today's entries, so if you want to go in order, read the below post first. Though it's not terribly chronological, so you're fine either way.
Anyway, as I was saying, here's the jump into basketball stuff.
First, Paul was giving me the lowdown on some changes at Detrick next year.
I mentioned the new sign in front, which is nice. I'm a little surprised they're going for the modernization approach, but as long as they're not standing still with it, you cna't complain too much. I'd rather see them promote the heck out of the history of the building instead, but that's just me. I just tell you what goes on, I don't work there. Which, of course, is probably good for Central, since Paul Schlickmann is a lot smarter than I am.
They're getting new banners for the other teams in the NEC, so I believe the "plates" have been retired. I admit I liked those, they were kind of goofy. But the banners should be a nice touch to dress things up a little.
They're working on a trophy case for all the NEC titles that will be displayed in the lobby of Kaiser Hall, and perhaps some team photos.

Also talked to Howie Dickenman, actually a while ago now, but haven't gotten a chance to really write about the assistants.
Howie went young, tabbing Sean Ryan, who graduated from St. Anselm in 1996.
Here's a link to his bio.
http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/ryan_sean00.html
Howie's quote: "He's well respected, a tireless recruiter, and a coach with character."
Also hired Steve Treffiletti, formerly of Florida State. who he says is very well connected on the east coach and is an enthusiastic guy. Stressed his skills with 1-on-1 drill work as well. Likes his work ethic a lot.
"When you work for Leonard Hamilton," Dickenman said, "you work."
Jamaal Wagner and Kevin Papacs remain with the program as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment