Blue

That time I agree with everything you said.
I wasn't necessarily defending the coaching style, my only issue was with you saying they weren't prepared. They work hard to prepare a game plan. It's absolutely fair to say it might not be the best plan, however.
I was talking to someone in the know today who was basically saying everything you said. Central might have to start throwing the ball more, if for no other reason than to give the defense a break. It's hard to be a ball control/clock eating team when you can't run.
But we might not get a true sense of this team until NEC play starts. It's not fair to assume they'll stink because they couldn't run against the No. 9 team in the country, just like it won't be fair to jump back on the bandwagon this week if they romp a D II team.
I'll put some quotes in my game preview that will run Saturday morning, but basically coach McInerney was saying that he might have to open it up more if things don't improve. I'll have a couple of stories in Friday morning's paper then the preview for Sat. morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment