What to think

Well, if you read my piece today (and when you read the preview tommorow) you know that I think it's time to worry in Blue Devil nation. The team's defense, which I considered a strength coming into the year, has been sieve-like at times, especially on the ground.
To be fair, the teams CCSU will see from now on are a different level from what Central played in the non-conference portion of the year, but there's still cause for alarm. If the Blue Devils don't play defense better, there won't be a winning season, never mind a championship, to celebrate in 2010.
If you had told me before the year that the defense would struggle and the offense would be working well together, I'd have scoffed at you. Looks like I'm the one who was wrong.
The good news for Central fans is this: Assuming the offense keeps steadily improving, a better defense could lead to a bunch of wins down the stretch of the year.
But the time for improvement is upon us. The dress rehearsals are over.
Sneak preview from my preview: Remember the game two years ago in New Britain? A 42-35 win that left people more worried than happy? This could be like that game. Wildly entertaining and quite scary at the same time.
Cue the roller coaster analogies. NEC play starts in 21 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment