Hoops nuggets

So I spent the day with the men, and while I'll have a lot of good stuff for you in the preview, I thought I'd tackle two of the questions I get asked most frequently.
1) About Devan Bailey. I'll let coach Howie Dickenman answer:
"Right now he looks like a backup, but a good backup."
Ok, this is me talking again now. I think this isn't as much about Bailey as it is the fact that Central, with Ken Horton's return, is deep up front again.
I'm guessing, but it's an educated guess: The starting five at Mohegan Sun Arena are Shemik Thompson and Robby Ptacek in back of Horton, Markeys Deans and Joe Efese.

2) About Justin Alexander: He just doesn't seem to be ready for the floor yet. The coaching staff loves his work ethic and smarts, and insist he learns quickly. But his game is quite raw. He can make a 15-footer when he's standing still and he can set, but it's hard for him to shoot on the run. Also he can be pushed around inside, which isn't surprising for a young player.
With his willingness to learn and his drive, he should eventually be a contributor. But I don't see it being right now, other than providing another body against big teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment