A couple of notes

Wanted to check in now, since I won't be near my cpu Friday. Will be blogging as always from the football game Saturday.
Should be an interview I did with Howie Dickenman on the Herald's web site Friday night, check it out for his thoughts on the upcoming road games.

Talked to Jeff McInerney, who reports no injuries of note heading into the final football game of the year.
The Devils are motivated by this co-championship thing, so I think they will play hard on Senior Day. Expect a lot of points and a big win.

The men's hoops team has a big weekend. Saturday at UMBC is one of those road games that doesn't do much for them if they win, but hurts to lose. I think they get it done.
Monday is a taller order. I noticed today that Penn St. isn't a big favorite over Fairfield, so that's an interesting one to watch. If the Stags play well at Happy Valley, maybe Central can, too. That's one of those wins that gets you a 14 or 15 come March.
I think the schedule is really well done this year. There are big names that CCSU can be competitive against. Pick a couple of them off, and wow. The year gets REALLY interesting.
Of course, I'm getting WAY ahead of things. I couldn't even get Howie to talk much about Monday. Saturday comes first, and that's the right approach. Really nice win to get Saturday. Win in Baltimore and play well Monday and it's a very good weekend.

Finally, to that commenter below: I believe I did a small piece on P.J. earlier this year, but you're right that he deserves another mention. Speaking of locals deserving mention, I hope you'll all take the time to read my piece on Jeff Marino. Not because I wrote it, but because his story is wonderful. Couldn't be a nicer kid, too.

Talk to you all Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment