I'm still here

Going to be REALLY busy with the previews and such for the next two weeks or so, so I'll try and get here when I can.
For now, let me babble a bit about the football game from last week.
Things l liked: The poise. Wagner bordered on dirty in the game, especially once it got away, and for the most part Central avoided getting into fights and such. That shows the kind of focus this team lacked early.
The defense: Maybe that 2nd half at Albany really was the start of something. Nick Doscher is a dangerous player who nearly single-handedly beat Central last year, and the Devils swarmed him this time. VERY good sign.

What I didn't like: The risks. Central coach Jeff McInerney insisted that he shouldn't have used that pooch punt he likes to try with QB Gunnar Jespersen, but hinted that he likes the play. It didn't matter in this game, but sometimes I think Mac gets too cute for his own good. Just let the kids play. I give him a lot of credit for molding a very young team and maintain that this is the best coaching job he's done here by far, but I wonder if he doesn't overcoach at times. That's two weeks in a row I didn't like a "gimmick" for lack of a better word. Still hate the 2-pt try at Albany.
What was on my screen. I had the RMU game on the cpu next to me while at the Central game Saturday, and their offense looks tough. Central's defense had better be VERY ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment