I was just making a point

Hud,
I picked the most extreme example in order to make my point... of course you can't completely eliminate the pass every week. I was just trying to point out that there's more than one formula to winning.

I'm not against the spread, it's a perfectly good offense, and a lot of teams use it. My argument is only with the position that it is the be-all-end-all and that no other approach can work. That's the only reason I mentioned Navy, to show those who have been emailing me saying that CCSU MUST be pass-first that the Devils really don't.

It's like the basketball recruiting argument we had last year. I wasn't saying that getting a big center was a bad idea, just that you don't need the college version of Shaq to win the NEC.

But since you brought up Rich Rod... notice that since he got to Michigan they started losing, and the fans there hate him from what I've heard for changing the vaunted "Michigan Way."

Perhaps a better example: Charlie Weis' offense stopped being so brilliant when he left Brady and company.

Here's a suggestion for my friends on the board and throughout HeraldLand: Since we know (and if you don't know it, just trust me) that the Blue Devils have no intention of becoming a pass-first program, at least in the foreseeable future, come up with ways to make the run-first plan more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment