Your weekly QB update

And remember before you go jumping on me that I'm merely the messenger and have no vote in the matter (though I will confess that I still don't think it's as a big deal/detriment as the rest of you do): Both QBs will go on Saturday.

By the way, I'll have notes on the hoops team too this week. Basketball season is finally upon us. The run was interesting for a few reasons I'll get into. Probably no blog until Friday as I'm going to a birthday party for this real old guy I know on Thursday after work (when I usually update this thing) but there will be a notes column in Friday's paper and a game preview Saturday, as well as coverage of the soccer team's return home. Much to do.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I'm not shooting the messenger here and I know you cannot give your honest opinion because of your role as beat reporter.

    However, even you must be scratching your head over this one? How Can Wankett not be named the starting QB and #1 QB for the Duquesne game and the rest of the season after his Albany performance?

    The two headed QB show isn't going to get it done. Wankett and Norris are like night and day, and I cannot beleive Coach Mac when he says it doesn't affect the offense. At minimum it has to disrupt flow and confidence in running plays. How can these guys feel comfortable if they are always looking back to see who the QB is and switching their mind set based on the QB's style and preferences?

    Again, not blaming you for delivering the message. Just voicing my displeasure at "Circus Arute".

    ReplyDelete