Rivalry weekend

Wow, I just wrote my notes for Friday's paper, and I realized what a huge stretch is coming up.

Volleyball hosts LIU Saturday. The Blackbirds have a habit of beating Central in the conference semis, but if Central can win this one, the tourney could be in New Britain this year. If you're not going to the football game, that's a good one to check out.

Women's soccer has a game Friday against the Mount, and hosts Monmouth Sunday. That's big for a bunch of reasons, and there should be a good turnout on what is supposed to be a nice afternoon. Big game, big crowd, nice atmosphere. Works for me.

Oh, and someone told me there's a football game Saturday. Sounds like a big deal.

I'll be writing my fingers off this weekend, so I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be doing. Until the next time we meet up in cyberspace, enjoy "Rivalry weekend." And buy the Herald. Shameless plug I know, but I'm doing a lot this weekend, help me out.

Oh, and J.J.: The NHL didn't die, it just moved out of town. We can still be long-distance friends. I'm not asking you to root for the 'Canes, just to enjoy the fastest sport on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment