Blog Central

The missing hoops story

http://www.newbritainherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20176074&BRD=1641&PAG=461&dept_id=17739&rfi=6
Posted by Matt Straub at 10/24/2008 10:11:00 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Search

Follow @mattattheherald Follow @mattattheherald

What's Trending
(This Week)

  • Righting a wrong
    I mistakenly deleted a perfectly reasonable comment on the last post I wanted to publish, so I'll rehash the point so it gets seen. The ...
  • My favorite good-bye
    So, I actually said these words to Charlie Hickey today: " Ok sir, I'll see you in Atlantic City." Not that I'm excited o...
  • Greetings from Indy
    Sorry it took me so long to check in, I can't get the net to work in my hotel room. I put a full report of Thursday night's activiti...
  • CCSU FOOTBALL LIVE BLOG
    And Central doesn't get the momentum back. At all. A long Nick Doscher run (he did this to CCSU last year) leads to a score and a tie ...
  • They're back
    While I'll caution the loyal Blue Devil fans not to go too far in the other direction and start predicting a dynasty, I think it's s...
  • QUINNIPIAC WRAP UP
    First off, we're hoping the best for Quinnipiac's Ike Azotam, who Tom Moore said after the game was being sent for tests to check fo...
  • "Let's do this"
    I see the confusion. "Let's do this" is an old wrestling term. I don't even remember who said it... I use it occasionally ...
  • Maybe breaking news
    Since I haven't seen this anywhere, I think I'm breaking something for you guys here. I talked to Justin Alexander's high school...
  • Up and running
    I know, every year I tell you guys I'll be able to keep this thing going in the summer, and every year I get tied up with other stuff an...
  • Book it
    P.J. Borawski had the catch on Dezell Jones' first career TD pass. Only thing we missed. CCSU wins 45-14. Not pretty but it counts.

What's Trending
(This Month)

  • "Let's do this"
    I see the confusion. "Let's do this" is an old wrestling term. I don't even remember who said it... I use it occasionally ...
  • CCSU SPORTS: A REVIEW OF CCSU'S NEW LOGOS, UNIFORMS AND COURT
    Wednesday combined two of my favorite things, sports and logos. So to say I had fun at Central Connecticut's logo unveiling is an unders...
  • Righting a wrong
    I mistakenly deleted a perfectly reasonable comment on the last post I wanted to publish, so I'll rehash the point so it gets seen. The ...
  • Up and running
    I know, every year I tell you guys I'll be able to keep this thing going in the summer, and every year I get tied up with other stuff an...
  • Just checking in
    so you guys wouldn't think I forgot you. Obviously I'm writing like crazy for the paper this week with everything going on. Hope you...
  • Another quickie
    Lots of stuff coming in the next week or so, but just a couple of thoughts today. 1) I hope the person who emailed me on Friday night to yel...
  • My favorite good-bye
    So, I actually said these words to Charlie Hickey today: " Ok sir, I'll see you in Atlantic City." Not that I'm excited o...
  • Back to the blog
    Ok , so between the high school football preview I had to do, Week 1 of that and the fact that the football team was away (and that my power...
  • Greetings from Indy
    Sorry it took me so long to check in, I can't get the net to work in my hotel room. I put a full report of Thursday night's activiti...
  • My wishes for Central
    So I get back into full swing with the blog right at the end of the year. Figures. For now, let's talk hoops. Ugh, what a disaster of a ...

What's Trending
(All-Time)

  • A little to add
    Haven't confirmed the report that Josue Paul is out until October, I will tomorrow when I'm there all day for various things. Hopefu...
  • Clearing up the last post
    I meant there will likely be one out, not in. I'll let ya know when I know for sure. I expect one more small change as well. But I was, ...
  • CCSU SPORTS: A REVIEW OF CCSU'S NEW LOGOS, UNIFORMS AND COURT
    Wednesday combined two of my favorite things, sports and logos. So to say I had fun at Central Connecticut's logo unveiling is an unders...
  • One quick addition for the board guys
    On the AE: Seriously, the way the AE gets overrated by you guys shocks me sometimes. Anyone who has ESPN Insider, go look at the conference ...
  • SFPA on the board
    The best drive of the game for the Flash leads to a Dan Conley one-yard score. 23-7, less than nine minutes left. By the way, great call by ...
  • Back at the keyboard
    After doing some TV and other stuff, I'm back with you guys here. Look for news tomorrow from the football team, and of course, much ab...
  • Back on board
    So I have a mailbag ready to go, but I haven't gotten to it because of desk stuff (you all should check out our upcoming All-Herald sect...
  • CENTRAL ON THE BOARD FIRST
    A 5-yard score from Gunnar Jespersen to Deven Baker has CCSU up 7-0 with 0:46 left in the first.
  • CCSU FOOTBALL LIVE BLOG: Owls on the board
    It's now 28-7 Central early in the third. No time for CCSU to be flat, there's way too much time left.
  • CCSU FOOTBALL LIVE BLOG: RMU on the board
    RMU goes 80 yards on 8 plays with Jamie Cobb making a pair of nice catches for a total of 35 yards after Howard's run. QB Jeff Sinclair ...

Story Archive

  • ►  2013 (11)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2012 (33)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (389)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (52)
    • ►  October (58)
    • ►  September (77)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (14)
    • ►  March (63)
    • ►  February (29)
    • ►  January (61)
  • ►  2010 (386)
    • ►  December (48)
    • ►  November (100)
    • ►  October (78)
    • ►  September (71)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (16)
    • ►  February (26)
    • ►  January (22)
  • ►  2009 (169)
    • ►  December (19)
    • ►  November (24)
    • ►  October (54)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  May (18)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ▼  2008 (164)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (22)
    • ▼  October (20)
      • No HS finals at Detrick
      • What a day Sunday
      • Behind the curtain
      • I was just making a point
      • It's about execution, not strategy
      • The missing hoops story
      • An update and a question
      • The menu for the weekend
      • Welcome back my friends
      • Your weekly QB update
      • Bigblue
      • Media stuff
      • Wow, the natives are restless
      • Fields stuff
      • Rivalry weekend
      • Weekend schedule
      • Just checking in
      • Hope you check everything out
      • Quick answer of the day
      • Football stuff coming
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (26)
  • ►  2007 (107)
    • ►  December (36)
    • ►  November (35)
    • ►  October (18)
    • ►  September (18)
Theme images by emyerson. Powered by Blogger.