What a day Sunday

I have to say that one of my favorite days of the year covering CCSU is women's soccer's Senior Day. The kids put so much into it and that program always seems to be so tight-knit, it's always fun.

This year, with Erin Herd coming back from an ACL issue to play on her Senior Day was particularly special. If you don't watch the soccer team, you still likely know Herd if you read this blog. She's one starting the "CCSSSSSSSS-U" chant at, well, everything.

Herd, Hannah Bromley and Berlin's Jill Kusek (sorry Jill, you will forever be a Redcoat to this old reporter, just ask "Southington's Sean Salvatore") are class kids and great athletes; everything college sports should be about. And I get to cover them and all the kids at Central who are like them.

Sometimes I love my job. As they'd say in soccer, "Well done," girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment