Media stuff

Hud and all,
First off, glad people are reading this little blog of mine. Shoot me comments or emails, I'd love to keep the discussion going.

Just to be clear: I'm not saying play a kid or get a recruit from the area over another part of the country (not saying ditch Mallory and stick a Nate Pagan in before he's ready, for example), but I was speaking in terms of who they're going to talk about in those Web site comments and the like.

When you're a, shall we say budding, program you have to establish the local fan base first. I can focus on whoever the story is because we are the main media outlet covering the team. But I was talking about trying to branch out on getting other people involved. If Mac is talking to fans in the New Britain area, he's going to talk about area kids. If he's talking to the New Haven Register, he's going to pump up the shoreline kids, etc. Trust me on this one folks, this is one area I know about. That's how it works.

As for the coaching itself... I had two issues: I didn't like a couple of the red zone calls early, and I was stunned they didn't go for 7 at least once. Also, and I said it at the time in front of a witness so this is a first guess, not a second, I absolutely would have taken a knee at 10-9 and gone to the break with the momentum.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect example, the effect of Doug Wiggins at UConn. Even for the school that dominates the sporting landscape in this state, local readers were very interested to hear what was happening with the kid from East Hartford. It's human nature.

    ReplyDelete